Built in 1888 to commemorate 50 years of Queen Victoria’s crowning, CSMT is the only railway station that has been included in the list of UNESCO world heritage sites. The 131-year-old railway station was built by Frederick William Stevens with a blend of traditional Mughal and Victorian Gothic architecture.
Earlier known as Victoria Terminus (VT), the station was later renamed after the Maratha king, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
Here’s the list of the World’s Most Amazing Railway Stations:
1. Grand Central Terminal, New York
2. Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai
3. St. Pancras International, London
4. Atocha Station, Madrid
5. Antwerp Central, Antwerp
6. Gare du Nord, Paris
7. Sirkeci Station, Istanbul
8. CFM Railway Station, Maputo
9. Kanazawa Station, Kanazawa
10. Kuala Lumpur Railway Station, Malaysia